Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your secrets >

What are your secrets

What are your secrets

Old 12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by ann clare
A member here posted that she did 15 minutes a day quilting. I try to do this about 5 days a week.
It would take me more than 15 minutes just to get settled in comfortably and have everything I wanted right at my fingertips. I have to get my groove going before I can actually start working. Then I could go on for hours. But if I could only have 15 mns. a day ... forget about it. :-)
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM

Keep projects handy that don't take a lot of time to complete. Sew while the potatoes boil, while waiting for the dryer to finish, between tasks when you need to sit for a few minutes. It all adds up to lots of finished projects. Right now I have quilt blocks all laid out on large pieces of newspaper just the way I want to sew them. I can grab one of those and sew up a block in about 10-15 minutes. All the cutting is done, they are already laid out. All I have to do it grab one and sew. I have a request for a bunch of luggage tags. I will cut them out, iron on the interfacting, lay them out the way I want to sew them and I'll have plenty to do for several sessions. When you have more time cut and do the time consuming stuff. If I don't have anything ready to sew I keep small squares of fabric ready to use as backing for crumb blocks. They make cute table toppers, runners, hot pads, etc. Just keep that machine running!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
Keep projects handy that don't take a lot of time to complete. Sew while the potatoes boil, while waiting for the dryer to finish, between tasks when you need to sit for a few minutes. It all adds up to lots of finished projects. Right now I have quilt blocks all laid out on large pieces of newspaper just the way I want to sew them. I can grab one of those and sew up a block in about 10-15 minutes. All the cutting is done, they are already laid out. All I have to do it grab one and sew. I have a request for a bunch of luggage tags. I will cut them out, iron on the interfacting, lay them out the way I want to sew them and I'll have plenty to do for several sessions. When you have more time cut and do the time consuming stuff. If I don't have anything ready to sew I keep small squares of fabric ready to use as backing for crumb blocks. They make cute table toppers, runners, hot pads, etc. Just keep that machine running!
I like your idea,think I'll try this in 2011 may be able to give more quilty gifts next Christmas.
:D :D