Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your secrets >

What are your secrets

What are your secrets

Old 12-29-2010, 05:54 PM

After working all day I usually can only squeeze in a couple of hours to quilt at night...and what am I doing now???LOL
Old 12-29-2010, 06:12 PM

i've been off since the 19th of december, so i've had lots of time to sew/quilt. But, my house has gone to he** in a handbasket :roll: :oops:

I do go back to work jan 4 and the house will be picked up & cleaned by then...

My secret - no kids, live by yourself and don't do anything for anyone that you don't want to do!!

And have a cat as a furbaby - they're more or less independent...She does want food once a day - and gets it most days!! ;) :thumbup:
Old 12-29-2010, 06:21 PM

I think it is called retirement. Work can sure get in the way of fun time.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:40 PM

I don't know the secret either,just know that since I discovered this board I seem to have even less time. :lol: :oops:
Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

I have a different work schedule work 6 days and 3 off. My 3 days off go quite fast as usually one of those is spent being with my granddaughters. But for me it's a little planning. Since I am a morning person, my work and errands have to be done right away and usually an extra job so as to keep up with things. But then the afternoon is mine to sew. Don't watch much TV so if my husband is in the garage, it's sewing time again. During the football games that we watch together, I am doing hand sewing.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by patdesign
I too want the answer, half of my quilt time is now spent on this board!!!!! Enough said?
Ditto - but it is fun time
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 AM

I find if I socialize a lot that takes me away from quilting, uses up my energy. Programs on TV are lacking in interest I gladly escape to work with color and patterning in my studio.
I am mad about colors and fabrics so this is fun, not labor. But, perhaps I should consider the fact that I am still new to quilting and the keen interest lingers.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:57 AM

No kids, I do work. I cheat and have a cleaning lady. Not a cook and no family to cook for.

My hubby works Tuesday and Thursday nights. I quilt from 7-11. Then he also works Sat all day so I quilt all day and if I can grab a Sunday I do also. That's 16-40 hours a week. I better get something done!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM

Haven't read the thread, but I do the same. The house is done 1st & supper planned. DH is retired & if we'll be home, I'lll prob sew....or read...or check my mail.I'm a very early riser, so most of my work gets done before I sit down to have my tea & read some posts.I don't sew by hand, so eves are either watching TV with DH or reading posts on diff sites I belong to.There are days when I sew off & on most of the day & other days, several in a row, when I don't sew at all. So,whatever works.

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
My secret if you can call it a secret is that I spend hours quilting. I don't get on the board often and when I do I can catch up so to speak. I get my home in order every morning if need be and have my days of antiquing, enjoying my friends, church and doing the necessary errands and anything else that may pop up in life.
I priortize my time so everything is taken care of (cooking & gardening, etc.) and quilt to my heart's content. I have never found it difficult to do and have a very full and rich life and make many, many quilts each year. I think we make up our minds as to what we want in our lives and then you are the master of your fate.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 AM

One quilter told me that she never went to bed until she spent 15 minutes quilting. I took her advice to quilt 15 minutes a day, but not before bed! (yea, I am usually cross-eyed by that time)

I always keep a packed travel baggie with a hand-sewing project for those long sitting/waiting times and traveling.

I also keep ongoing projects in various stages. Sometimes I feel like assembling blocks, sometimes quilting or cutting.