Old 12-30-2010, 07:40 AM
plainpat

Each of my family that likes quilts has one from me & the DDs both have 2-3.Color choices change,so time to make the girls & Grdaughter new quilts.Will wait till the teen age Grsons are older for new quilts.They both prefer gift cards.

My only Sis doesn't like quilts or anything else that is hand made.One less I have to make.We all like diff colors, diff styles.....so not a problem.

Originally Posted by mhansen6
Originally Posted by Hosta
I swore off giving any handmade items to family 20 years ago. no one appreciated my work so I thought bleech on them. now I only give to others who really know the value and want the gift. so why do you keep torturing yourselves by gifting to those who don't appreciate them. They are not going to change. I hope I am not sounding rude but why continue to do it?
Because the one person I want to enjoy my quilts is my daughter and she just doesn't care about them. I only have one daughter to give my quilts to and she is just not into them. But I am going to stop trying with her. I am going to make some quilts for me and my husband. I have always given them away. I do appreciate how much time goes into these quilts, so I will give them to myself.