Thread: F&P Quilt Kits
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 AM
crashnquilt

This may not be disturbing to others, BUT this has become very discouraging to me. How do you feel?

I got an advertisment from Fons & Porter about their warehouse sale. Since I've not ordered anything from them for a few years, I thought I'd take a look.

They have some really good prices on their quilt kits. BUT the kit does not include the instructions! You have to purchase the back issue magazine to get the information.

Long time ago, I fell for that. I ordered the kit, gritted my teeth at the cheap trick and ordered the magazine. Received confirmation of the order, received email stating order was shipped. Got the fabric......no magazine. Invoice shows backorder on magazine. HUH? After several emails and a couple of phone calls I get told the magazine is no longer available. I could return the fabric, at my cost PLUS a "restocking fee". Well, that didn't set to well since it would be THEIR FAULT I was returning the fabric. I never did receive a credit for the magazine.

In my never to be humble opinion, when you buy a quilt KIT it should include the instructions. Am I wrong?