Old 12-30-2010, 11:05 AM
husband-of-a-quilter

I feel I have to chime in on this. I am not one of those people that shows the ooh and ahh response that people like. Now I could give my wife a pencil and it would be like the best thing in the world for her, but me, I am just not that way. My DW made me a beautiful quilt last year based on Movie Themes. She spent an enormous amount of time on this and then trying to keep it a secret from me on top of it. On Christmas day my DW with her beautiful smile and sparkling eyes handed me this package. I opened it, took it out of the box and said "oh a quilt" and put it back in the box. Needless to say I was in the dog house with Hero our dog. But I really love it, use it all the time, totally a work of art, tell everyone about it and in fact I call it my d**n quilt because every time I cover with it I fall asleep and get nothing done. Sometimes the response we get in the beginning does not reflect how we feel about the gift. I must say I am really trying harder to show my emotion of excitement better because the hurt on her face was beyond words.