View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 11:48 AM
stevendebbie25

Originally Posted by Tsanchez
I think it is. I will look for my book today. I've been working on getting my new sewing room together so I have moved things around quite a bit. I still have to quilt this one. If it is that one you are talking about, you will have to take the class on this one. It is tough but with a good teacher you will do fine. Organization is a MUST on this quilt. To get you prepared for the class before you even go, here are a few tips.
1. have 6 gallon size baggies numbered 1 - 6
2. have your fabrics in each set labeled which number and group they belong
3. on a sheet of paper, write the numbers and color descriptions from the book and a swatch from your fabrics that you have assigned to each number/group
DON'T CUT ANYTHING until you go to the first class.
I hope this helps a little bit. I hope this is the same book you have. It comes in a zippy bag with templates and it has this star on the front cover.
Thank you, I'm not getting around right now, but I will have to look for my book to see also. I have your tips. Just shows, everyone can gain from someone else's knowledge. The class is from Deb Karasik herself, she's our Natl. Teacher next year at this retreat. 2010 the classes I took for 2 very long days was with Sharon Schamber, and boy did I buy her patterns, DVDs, and took tons of photos and notes. The other Quilt Show this year had Elsie Campbell & Freida Anderson for Natl. Teachers I took their classes. Elsie is more my style, scrappy, practical. Freida is hand dyed & artistic, but fun for wall hanging gifts.

Oh, the getting around. I had foot surgery last Wed, and last night in emergency rm, as it's infected, looks enflamed & blistered. Took away the cast, put me in this stupid boot & a ton of wrapping to protect it, it's bleeding and this boot is a LG and I wear a size 5, so it's super heavy, and I keep tripping on it. I'm staying down until they decide what's happening on this foot this Tuesday.
Anyway, sewing rm is upstairs and I don't do stairs well in this contraption & crutches. Now if only the benadril would take away this insane itching.