Old 11-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Skeat

When I really started quilting, I didn't want a huge investment until I understood exactly what I would want later from the actual experience. So, I went to Hancock fabrics not far from me,and they were about to close this store. Found a Janome 3200 for $399 and talked it down another 100. I about cried all the way home for I thought this seemed like such a big amount of money for something to just have fun on:)) I not only pieced but quilted on this machine. It still is my work horse. It doesn't have all that fancy stuff but, I did a huge and heavy quilt on it quilting...after that I decided I needed something with more throat space I have purchased the Janome 6600. It sews like butter!:))You can go direct to the Janome site and check out all the different machines and options. I don't regret starting out on a simple start at all...I still use it to piece, loan out and/or take to class. I hug my 6600 almost everyday:))Good luck and keep us posted on your decision. There are many choices! Tour her to other shops and let her sew on demos if she doesnt know what she wants...:))Skeat