View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Raggiemom

I posted the other day that I broke my Accuquilt because I tried cranking too much material through it. My husband called Accuquilt yesterday after taking the machine apart. One of the gears was totally destroyed and the rollers aren't working that well. He called them to see about replacement parts. Well, they don't sell replacement parts but if we shipped the unit to them (at our cost), they could probably fix it at no charge and then we would have to pay the return shipping as well. We didn't really want to ship it since shipping would be quite costly and they weren't guaranteeing no repair charges. She suggested we take it back to Joann's and see if they would do anything. So I took it back this morning, explained to them the machine broke and I told them it was because I tried feeding through too much material. They never batted an eye, went back and got me a new machine. Never even asked to see my receipt, what my name was, or even looked at the broken machine. And it wasn't even any of the staff that I usually see there. The Joann's staff was fantastic. I just wanted to share a positive story.