Thread: Walking Foot
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Are you asking about the Bernina class? If so, my opinion is that the instructions given were by someone very versed in this machine and I was not but a novice. I took notes but alas they meant nothing by the time I re-read them. Also, I thought I would receive some sort of a book about how to really work the machine and the stitches that it already head, no such luck. I know that I can go back to more classes BUT there is a charge. I really am sorry I purchased this because once I signed the check it was like "okay we are done, now you are one your own". Perhaps it was just the area I dealt with BUT then again, I have been bitten. Feel free to email me with any questions.[/quote]

you can contact Bernina USA and report the seller to them. The Bernina company takes those lessons VERY seriously...and they are to be given to you for one year FREE.....I know, I had 2 shops in AK all but shut down because they would sell those $3-$5,000 machines to unknowning people who lived 400 miles out in the bush....then those people would come to my beginner quilting class and not even know how to turn their machines on! We are talking mostly educated natives who were easily talked into buying the BEST...when by Bernina rules, the shops could not sell a machine to people who lived more than 75 miles away, as the people had to be able to come back for their lessons....the shops in Anchorage did not care, nor in Fairbanks..as long as those machine were shipped and arrived safely they were DONE with that customer....our BErnina lady here is a real rare gem...she will work with you for the life of that machine and YOU....
My newest Bernina is a 830 record...when I found it at an estate sale she was able to look up the owner and tell me all I needed to know about the life of the machine...it was purchased in 1973 brand new by a music teacher, she took all of the classes for one year....but NEVER sewed on her machine, only the shop one...her machine was never used....I bought it at her estate sale earlier this year for $400! I took in to the Bernina lady and she nearly cried...she said, it is like buying a rolls royce and putting in the garage with a tarp over it.....