View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 AM
KathyAire

Originally Posted by Missi
Oh what do I do.

I just got four quilts back from my long armer (sp?) and the tension on them is all off. One of them is horrible and I mentioned it to her when she dropped it off and she said with variegated thread she has that problem. She should have mentioned it to you, instead of you mentioning it to her. She knew it wasn't right. I do long arming, just for myself. I know when mine are not right.
Whenever I screw something up, not necessarily quilting, anything, I can't wait to fix it. I would never do anything for someone else and pass it off as okay. I guess that's one reason I don't do customer quilting.

Do I give her another chance, find someone else. I have seen other quilts she's done and they don't have issues. You gave her four chances by giving her four quilts.

The back of the one that is really bad has a plaid pattern so the poor tension issues don't scream and a non-quilter wouldn't notice it. I will try and get pics posted this week.
Do you suppose she is thinking of you as a 'non-quilter' and won't notice it? That's an insult right there.