Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Back from quilters with tension issues >

Back from quilters with tension issues

Back from quilters with tension issues

Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 AM
jme

I agree, she doesn't seem concerned. She should have told you about it, not the other way around!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Seems to me that she knows there is a problem - that said - all your hard work and the quiling is the finishing to that project. As for myself, I would find someone who takes the same pride as you do in completing your quilts. After all, you are the one paying for the service.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I agree with all of the other posters, but to be fair, there are tension issues and there are REALLY bad tension issues. For example are you just seeing tiny little peeks of the top thread color in the bottom? Sometimes no amount of tweaking will solve that problem entirely and the only resolution is to load the same weight thread in top and bottom. But even with this kind of tension issue, you are a paying customer and she should have contacted you about it and asked how you want to resolve the issue rather then continuing on. However if you are seeing eyelashing or, even worse, birds nests and loops then that is totally unacceptable. I would prefer to see pictures before condeming the LAer. Regardless, YOU are dissatisfied with the workmanship. There is no reason to continue to use her. You should find another longarmer and maybe save this quilt or close up photos of the problem as an example to show the new LAer of what is unacceptable to you.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Bev

For goodness sakes, don't ever go back to this woman. You (we all) put too much hard work and love into our quilts to take chances with them by giving them to a quilter who makes these kind of blunders. Second chances don't apply to long arm quilters! That's just my opinion. 8-)
Old 01-09-2011, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
To me this is just another longarmer who wants the money and thinks Oh no big deal, the stitching is just a little off, or there are only a few pleats, who cares. I would let her know you want it redone or your money back as it is not acceptable. The last longarmer I used had tension problems. So bad I had big loops on the back of the quilt. Her excuse was she changed bobbins and didn't think to check the back stitching. She never looked at the quilt after taking it off the machine. I paid a lot of money for the quilting and said I can take this quilt as it is to my guild meeting or you can redo it right. She took out every stitch and redone it because she had a pile of my guild members quilts to do and she knew all it would take was for me to take that quilt in to guild as it was and her business would be over. Don't be timid to say what you expect. People like her rely on women not to speak up and accept below par service. Their excuse is their problem not yours.
I have a quilt that only when I had pinned it found that one row was upside down. I am going to quilt up to that row of blocks then unpick the blocks and turn them around before QAYG the rest of the quilt. It will be easier on my back that way. Get the lady give back your money or get her to redo it now before she forgets about it.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 PM

Now I am curious. I would love to see the quilt that she did for you.