View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
dljennings

i used to think i worked better in a mess, but last spring i lost some really important paperwork (receipt for a paid off student loan they were trying to collect again) so i dug thru every single thing in my studio, every box, every book, every pc of folded fabric... started on the north wall of shelves & worked my way around....

after i finally found the paperwork i needed (3/4 of the way down the last wall) i had the unhappy task of putting everything back together. so i took the time to organize the stuff for different crafts (painting floorclothes, cross stitch etc) and put it together neatly...

now all my fat quarters are in one place, all my cut yardage is in one place, and all my cutting tools are on the shelf under the cutting table, all my wips are in totes, with all the required fabric & the instructions.. i have found it so much more relaxing to spend time in that room... i would never have believed it.

now it gets dusted & vacuumed once a week, like the rest of the house, and i really prefer it... course dd 's job to dust & vacuum...