Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who started this?

About a week ago, someone talked about straightening their sewing area, because it had been messed up when things weren't put away properly. I've been tackling mine for and hour or two here and there. I spent three hours this morning and it still looks as though I've been vandalized. I promise (yeah) that this will never happen again once it is straightened. (By then it should be Christmas season again...that will be the test!

Same here. It looked like Doomsday in here this morning, but believe it or not, DH joined in and it's really shaping up.

Blog Entries
    I know, I always say I am going to go in there to straigten things out, then see something, and start on that and the cleaning never gets done.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I work better in clutter. Ideas pop right in my head that don't come otherwise.

Bet you found items you had forgotten about. How do I know?

I am going to work on mine tomorrow. I think it was in November that one of my shelves fell down (it ran the whole width of the closet). DH got it back up right away, but all the fabric from that shelf is in boxes in my hallway.

How DID you know?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I am finding that I work better in clutter to. I just finished 3 project in my messy room. I find that when I clean and put thing away I either forget I have them or can never find them. Now its all out in the open. Think I will leave it this way.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm not going there!

I try to tidy up my space, but I swear weird forces outside of my power intervene and mess things up back faster that I can cut a 8 1/2 block. Don't know why.

It must be the Bermuda Triangle or something similar.

I say a messy craft room is a creative space....and i'm sticking to it LOL

I work better when things are neat and organized. Just today I finished a stack of Christmas presents and I'm pleased as punch I can walk through the doorway to my bedroom again. (had to use the other door for months now - hooray!)

I can tell when it's time to clean up when I can't focus on any one particular project. Sometimes I'll just sort my scrap bin (by color) to "feel" better and move on. Right now I have fabric for two purses on the floor that have the interfacing ironed to them - they need cut out and then sewn, and I'm working on a full sized quilt (with pieces for each block cut out and in seperate baggies). When I get those two done, I'm going to clean out my UFO stash (I lost count there).

I feel so much better when things are organized. When I get my UFO stack(s) done, I'm going to make something out of my scrap bin and get it all cleaned out. After that, I'm going to start on my "projects" (quilts/bags that the materials are purchased, but I haven't started) -- hopefully by the time it's time to start christmas presents, I'll have a super clean and organized studio!!!

lol i almost finished mine http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-87898-1.htm

omg...im sure mine is microscopic compared to some of you quilters who have been doing this a long time....and lemme tell you mine is a mess!
    who ever said "neat quilt room" musta been dreaming...LOL!!

=^..^=

My SIL likes for me to keep my sewing room organized. I am not good at neatness when I sewing.
    When my husband and myself go away for few days, SIL has everything nice and neat when I return. He is a KEEPER.

Blog Entries
    Only the genius, knows its way around chaos!

Good luck! I do the same exact thing. I get into a cleaning frenzy, just like I did between Christmas and New Years. Everytime I do that I get frustrated because I can never find what I'm looking for because it was put away.

The rest of my house is immaculate, but my sewingroom looks like a few tornadoes went through.

It's a mess again as we speak. If you find the secret to organizing it and keeping it that way please write a book. I'll be the first to buy it!

Lyn
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingheart
    Only the genius, knows its way around chaos!
    I am a true genius! I have been working for three days on my quilt room to clean it up. Gosh I didn't know how many pretty fabrics I had. I get side tracked but I have to get it cleaned. My daughter was afraid I was going to trip over everything so she sorta cleaned it without letting me know before Christmas. I couldn't find a thing.

whenever I finish up a project I put things away that way it doesn't look to cluttered in my apartment. BUT when I am working look out single file only!

I can't see the carpet in mine all my attempt at straightening it up has so far just made it worse. All I can do is pray for light at the end of the tunnel

I had a shelf in my bedroom fall down a few years ago. It was a huge crash in the middle of the night. Scared everybody. No more shelves on that wall! Still need to patch the holes. Now covered with masking tape. Fortunately, it is almost the same color as the wall so it isn't as noticeable as it could be.

Blog Entries
    Whenever I clean up my mess I can never remember where I put what. I do like working in a neat area but only if I can remember where I put things.

I work better organized but then how would I find things! :) Yes, I find new/old things when I do clean but then it's like Christmas each time! :)

I spent almost all day yesterday cleaning my sewing room, I refolded all my stash, and organised it, it looks so nice, guess I better stay out of there then maybe it would stay clean. On second thought I think I'm going to go sew. LOL I have 3 quilts going

My dh says you have better not have to get out of there in a hurry. I straighten it out between projects. Always start clean and neat..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast