Old 01-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Mimito2

Last Time I was in Joanne's I had a buggy Full of 50-65% off fabric. A lady came up to me and asked snidely what I are you gonna make with all that. As I am stroking a bolt of fleece I answered, "Oh, I don't know, They just kept calling my name and when I answered them they all ended up in my buggy cause they wanted to go home with a quilter." She gave me the weirdo look and scrambled. Laughing I went around the end of the isle and 2 well dressed ladies (Mother & Daughter) were in the rotary cutter isle looking totally lost. Daughter says to me, giggling, "Are you the quilter?" I nod yes (thinking OH NO) she grabs her Mom and drags her over to me telling her Bet this lady can help us. She says they want to hang a quilt. Living in a household of joke playing men that watch a lot of westerns, my first rampant thought is a beautiful quilt hanging by a noose.... She then tells me that she has just been given a quilt for Christmas made by her G-Grandmother and she wants to hang it in her foyer & she needed the thingies (gestures wide with her arms, shaking her hands up and down) to hang it with. They don't have a clue as to how to do it. I snap out of my morbid thoughts and directed her to the drapery department for a rod and pocket making material. Mom already had thread and needles. They were very appreciative that someone had taken the time to explain how to properly hang it and what they needed to use. It was their first time in a fabric store CAN YOU IMAGINE????
We ended up having a 10 minute conversation about sewing and making quilts. They were both so excited. Goes to show It takes all kinds...:)