View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
I agree with Up North. The perfect place for Son is the couch. Evidently he is of mature age to have lived on his own for two years. It would also be the needed constant reminder that he needs to make further education or better job hunting a priority in his life. In the meantime, the sewing room stays where it is, and used regularly! You'll be doing him the ultimate favor of love. In my opinion, of course. You must love him very much and want to help in any way you possibly can. I would too; being a parent, I totally understand.
I agree. When I lived in my other house, after my husband died my youngest son moved back home to help me out & till he could find another place to live. When he asked about coming back home for a while, I told him he would have to live in the basement, which was finished off; fine with him. There was no way I was going to give up my sewing room and he understood that. It's not your fault (I assume) that he had financial difficulties. They have to learn to take care of themselves, and our enabling doesn't help them one bit. Charge him rent, and then keep raising it periodically till it will be cheaper for him to move out back on his own.