Old 01-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Airwick156

I don't know what its called or why it is happening, but tonight I was sewing strips for a quilt and I was just zooming along minding my own business when all of a sudden my thread decided to go stupid on me.
I don't know how to fix it so I thought I would ask you all for help.
I dont know if its my top or bottom tension, or if its my bobbin thread but when I sew, the fabric gathers up and I am able to hold onto the thread and straighten the fabric out. If you know what I mean. Its almost as if I was "gathering" it (like you do when you make yoyo's). But I am not making yoyo's, I am making strips for a Fabric fling. So I got aggravated and put a smile on my face which wasnt easy since my machine has been acting up lately and I don't have the money to purchase another one. So I nicely set the strips aside, turned off the machine, stood up, walked over to the door turned off the light and shut the door. Went into my bedroom, turned on the TV, fell asleep which wasn't the plan because now I am up again at 3:00am. Went back into my sewing room, turned on the light, turned on the machine, attempted to sew the strips again...same problem!!! Now I am getting aggravated because I don't know what to do to fix it. So....once again I am sitting here in the middle of the night reading posts. :)