Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Sewing Machine Thread is being stupid. >

My Sewing Machine Thread is being stupid.

My Sewing Machine Thread is being stupid.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

it sounds as if you need to clean the machine...you would be surprised what a difference it makes to take the time to clean it all out, under the bobbin area, new needle, re=thread and replace bobbin, probably be good as new. :thumbup:
Old 01-09-2011, 10:52 AM

for what ever reason, mine dones this on occassion ( brother se-350) I have found for what ever reason, If I rethread it and some times take the bobbin out and start over,,,,, it fixes it's self.... dont know why.. but it seems to work...
Not sure how threads can get off threaded.. but thats what seems to happen...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:41 PM

I am happy to say, today my brother is being a good little fella. I was kind to him and took out his bobbin and cleaned in there really good, took off the face plate and REALLY cleaned in there even though it was pretty clean since I cleaned it about a month or so ago. Then I took off all his thread and rethreaded him, even the bobbin got unclothed and reclothed. Gave him his rub down across his back side, gave him a little kiss and said HONEY....IF YOU LOVE ME you know what you better do and if you don't, you will be headed to the graveyard of all of the other Brothers that made their owners unhappy....and tada....I inserted 2 pieces of fabric under its little ole presser foot and he worked like a charm!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM

It's amazing what a bit of TLC can do :-D

My quilting tutor always says T.N.T, Thread; Needle and if desperate Tension. When any of my Ladies machine has a fit at class the first thing I do it to turn the machine off and tell them to go and make a cup of tea and calm down. Then I completely re-thread the machine, after checking that they have the same thread top n bottom. If that doesn't work I clean it and put in a new needle, that normally sorts it.

Tension is the last thing I touch on any of MY machines but for some reason or other the Ladies feel that fiddling about with THAT will cure all, which of course it doesn't, they will learn one day, hopefully [img]http://bestsmileys.com/fingers/1.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM

glad all of your frustration is over! I had a brother as my first machine and although I surely had some fits with it, I always remember him fondly. I still have his pieces in my cedar chest. (i used him until he LITTERALY fell apart!)
Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 PM

I was having this problem on Friday. I changed my needle it was better. Hope you find an easy fix.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Clean under the bobbin area and put a new needle in and rethread machine and change thread completely in top and bottom. I did this awile back and everything worked ok then. i put that thread aside and won't use it again. I was about ready to take my machine 200 miles rd trip to the guidance clinic.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM

There could possibly be a piece of thread lint cought in the top tension disks. Take a piece of dental floss long enough to get from the spool pin to the needle and pull it gently back and forth a couple of times. If there is thread
lint in the disks this will clean it out. Change your needle and rewind your bobbin with the thread you are using on the top. This has always worked for me.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:46 PM

The other thing to check is that the spool on the cone of thread is not damaged in any way. If the spool doesn't run freely and smoothly all sort of 'orrible things can happen :evil: