View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:28 AM
lynmccoy

Originally Posted by Country Quilter
Originally Posted by Cathe
Don't underprice your work. Promote it as GOOD work, and charge accordingly. If they want cheap quilts, they can buy Chinese imports at JCPenney.

I hope that helps!
Cathe ...this is the part I'm not good at...pricing...I know about the hourly rate and cost of materials etc..... but if somebody could just give me an idea...like say...how much for a 15 x 36 tablerunner....a 30 x 30 wallhanging....a 54 x 54 couch throw... just a basic price would work for me....

I made a queen size quilt for a friend of mine....she bought all the materials and picked out a pattern from one of my books.....it took me about 2 weeks to make the quilt and if I may say so myself ..it turned out pretty nice.....I asked her for $100.... she paid it but did say she hadn't intended on spending that much on the quilt (including her cost of materials which I believe was around $80) she wanted it to give as a gift.

Some people just don't understand what goes into the making of quilts I think.
Here are my prices. I hand-quilt so it might be different than the long arm quilter's prices"
king:250.00,queen:200.00,full:175.00,couch:125.00, baby:100.00,wall:75.00,lap:50.00,king/queen sham:30.00 each, quilted 35.00 each.reg sham:25.00each,quilted 30.00 each.

I also make pin cushions for 5.00 each. Some sit on the table,some have elastic and go around your wrist, and some fit on your finger.