Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 AM
salmonsweet

Originally Posted by AnnieF
OK....so what happened in 2010 that spurred this buying spree. Did you win the lottery?...Find a wonderful quilt shop you just couldn't stay out of?....found the perfect on-line quilt shop to order from?....find a fabric shop that was going out of business?...take quilting classes that encouraged your creative side?

I have a lot of fabric....I like scrap quilts, but I don't think I have anywhere near 500 yards. Good luck and have a fabulous time with your stash....but take lots of pictures to share...and keep track so you can answer your own question...How many quilts from 500 yards of fabric?!!
Heh, I blame the mirror... I had a mirror opposite my uncovered fabric shelf for a while and as they say in Feng Shui, mirrors double everything. Definitely confirmed in my case LOL - it kept doubling and doubling and doubling!!

But you're on the right track, it was a course that gave a huge boost to my creative urge. Not a quilting class at all though (I'm all self-taught - and quiltingboard taught, of course!!!), but Julia Cameron's Artist's Way. A true miracle of a book. It gave me inspiration to start quilting.

So I started quilting, found this board, discovered batiks and affordable US online fabric shopping (my LQS tend to carry more traditional and muted stuff, at hair-rising prices)... and off I was.

I have now made a commitment not to buy more fabric this year, except as needed for projects. Oh, and I've covered the pesky fabric-attracting mirror. ;)

And thanks for all the encouragement, that is so inspiring. I'll definitely post pics, but so far have only finished three quilts, with my fourth on the way. I'm sloooow.