View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by ptquilts
unfortunately you can not "spot reduce" certain areas. Keep up your healthy eating. I agree, juice can be as fattening as soda, try to stick to water. Use sparkling water, or add some lemon,lime, or mint if you need some flavor.
Try to eat foods that grow from the ground or on a tree. Try to stick to foods that your great-grandmother would recognize. When you go shopping, think "ingredients" rather than "ready to eat meals". You will save money as well.
Try to incorporate more activity in your day. Take stairs instead of elevators. Park in the farthest spot in the lot and walk. If you are sitting at a task, get up once an hour for some stretching and moderate activity.
Your avatar looks fairly young, it only gets harder as you get older!! Good luck, it is a constant struggle.
I am 22 going to be 23 in a month.

I'm not trying to lose weight quickly, when I started I was at about 270 and now I'm at 240. My goal is to get to 150, but I'm taking it easy, I don't want to rush to get there. I started losing weight in mid july and then I was sick from the end of July till about mid August. Then I checked my weight over Christmas vacation and I had lost up to thirty pounds, so I was happy. I'm not trying to get to the ideal weight for my height, which is ridiculously low, 100 pounds on my frame, I'd look like a skeleton... the highest weight being 130. If I get under 200 pounds I'll be super happy.

I've started dancing around my dorm room, since it gets me moving and helps me concentrate more on what I'm working on. My dorm hall does not have an elevator so I run and down three flights of stairs each day, and then in the one hall I have class in, I use the stairs (three flights of a lot of stairs).