Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
lynmccoy

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
WOW! 4 yards = 1 pound. Thanks for that information. Now I know why my back wants to complain when I shift my storage bins...not the really large type fortunately.
that really depends on the fabric, if it has been washed, quality, if it is solid or printed, flannel, cotton, homespun, so many variables go into the weighing of fabric....[/quote]

Don't forget to lift from the knees,not the back and keep saying to yourself"1 quilt,2 quilts,so many more quilts" Keep your fabric. It's of those few items in life that doesn't have an expiration date and brings so much happiness. If I wake up in a depressed mood and just thinking about my disease, I go into my fabric rooms and look at my fabrics and run my hands over them. Immediately the depression is lifting and my mind is filling with thoughts of a quilt that I want to make with some of those colors.The rhyme is one that my 4 year old granddaughter made up while she was playing with some of my scrap pieces.I told her that I was going to work it into a wall hanging and put it over my fireplace. If anyone else wants to use it ,that's fine.I think it suits pretty much every quilter I know.