Thread: Memories.....
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
QuiltedAngel

I am such an old soul!!!!
I am 35, and I cn remember 8 of those things, and it is so funny because I still have my favorite "ice trays" with the levers, I reember listening to the TV stations going of the air and only being able to get 2 or 3 stations ABC and CBS, and a fuzzy PBS or NBC on an antena and I remember when cable ws 15$ a month for 20 or so channels. I remember rotary phones,and not being able to afford a phone because it was a convenience, I remember borrowing records from the library to listen to, and playing with 33 and 45 lol to make them sound chipmunk like.When I was 7 nieghbors next to us had a dairy farm and gave us milk cream and butter for 1.25/ gal and breaking the glass jug and having to pay an extra dollar, also the wonderful garden and the bags of zucchini and tomatoes, and even though we had fast food it was a once a month treat to go to Micky D's, How times have changed and not for the better....
I am out of work and relly not healthy enough to work and I feel bad because my kids asked why does Santa bring other kids video games and such... My explanation well Santa brngs a few things but parent who have more money are able to go out and buy more...
Going out to eat.... I learn how to make special stuff at home...When my kids look back I hope they remember like I do, it is not about quantitee but QUALITYjust like home made quilts :).
Love and Bless to you all sorry so long winded (hug)