Thread: Memories.....
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM
cheryl rearick

yes, I do remember all of those things, including the sprinkler. Odd, back then we didn't know any different. that was life. I helped mom with the wringer washer, and hmmm dryer ha clothes pins anyone? :) I was rasied in a tar paper shack, with a hand pump in kitchen, cold water only, We bathe in the kitchen in a galvanized tub, had blankets for room dividers and an out house. My parents were paying off the land before building a home. We moved into our home when I was about 12, My parents also never bought a thing in their life they did not pay off in 30 days. Mom pinched penneys so didn't want no one to get a penny more out of her for interest. lol. I loved it in the county, we had horses and us children trained the colts, (7 children) walked 3.5 miles just to go swiming, coming home it was ALL UP HILL. I also worked my my grandmothers railroad car restaurent all day washing dishes for .50 cents. I didn't think twice abt it. Then went to the 5 and dime store bought candy for all my siblings and self. Really were good days. Guess I could ramble on but will close. Thank you for the memories. :) (((hugs))) Thank you Ditter, By the way we ate at home, every so very often at grandma's restaurant for a hamberger. I also remember .25 cents for a hamberger, 10 cents fries and 5 cents for cherry soda....