Thread: Memories.....
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 PM
janjj

yep I am older than dirt too! Remember all 14 and then some. Never had milk delivered tho. Had cows and remember how my sister and I hated to clean the seperator! I now have it and plant flowers in the bowl.
Our phone # was 2 short and 1 long ring.
Worked in the summer at a place called Kansota Farms, weeded onions, topped onions, and picked potatoes. Used money earned for clothes for school. Rarely ate 'out'. Mom was a great cook. Had a cookstove with a resovior on one end that heated water. Bath - a large wash tub. entertainment - radio. remember 'Blondie and Dagwood". Went to a movie theater, took our own popcorn, remember a song from one movie "Down in Oklahoma".
Oil burner stove for heat, before that upgrade had coal for heat. Made great big lefse on that cookstove.
Penny postcards and 3 cents to mail a letter.
Played in the woods - used twine to make 'rooms'. had an old stove and stumps for chairs and old broken dishes.
White buck and saddle shoes.
To get heat in upstairs bedroom used an aluminum tube from the stove to register in floor. Had to cover half of it up as it got too hot in the bedroom.
Saturday nights went to town. traded eggs (we had LOTS of chickens) for groceries and got a 5 cent ice cream cone before going home. Stores had a metal thing that they sent up to second floor of a store when you paid for something and your change would come back down for you.
thanks Ditterand all of the rest of you for all the memmories.