View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 06:01 AM
LoisN

Many years ago, my DH forgot to renew his license. We had moved and the reminder didn't get forwarded to our new address. A Walmart checker noticed it when checking his ID when he wrote a check. He had to retake the written and the driving portions of the test. The written test wasn't a big deal. He went to take the driving portion and the officer told him to make a left turn. He did.....onto a one-way street (going the wrong way). She stopped him and she drove back to the office and told him that he had flunked the test and if he drove off the parking lot (without a valid license), he would have him arrested. He tried to call me at work to come and get him and I was out of my office. So...he had to call his boss and have him come down and rescue him. I had to take off work the next day to take him to another small town nearby to retake the driving portion of the test. Funny...he got the same officer and passed. The nearby town doesn't have any one-way streets. We still laugh about that. It was probably 25 years ago. haha