Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: i forgot to renew my drivers license!

I cannot believe I did this! Have you done this with the 4-6 years they give you and the fact you no longer have to whip it out all the time. What happened to the reminders they used to send!

Blog Entries
    I forgot mine too. The only way I knew was when I had to get registration for the vehicle and had to show ID at the Department of Motor Vehicle. Oooops. They just laughed and I got my new license.

Check if you can renew online. Much easier than standing in line. Mine usually shows up in about 5 days from payment :)

I just renewed mine yesterday and I received a notice.

Oregon our DL is good for 8 years.

I cannot do the online it has been more than 60 days....UGHH! Oh well off tomorrow to get a new bad picture Yahoo!

Wow, really, we have 10 year licences over here, but you can elect to pay just 5 if you want. And we get reminders, and if you forget, you get to resit the whole thing.

lindyline i would check that you get a reminder we dont get a reminder for rego in sa anymore!!!!!

Yes reminders still come, one of my kids got their reminder just last week.

Blog Entries
    Years and years ago the UK gave us all licences that took us up to our 70th birthdays - I seem to be hurtling towards that one now.

In Ireland, I think they last 10 years, I need to check and see when I have to renew mine.

They send out notices here.

Blog Entries
    I did that once, went a couple months before I noticed. Ours are for 4 years, and I hold a CDL, so it is Very Important not to screw up on that. LOL

Blog Entries
    NC no longer sends out reminders (although they say they send them) to save money...bunch of bull...was late getting mine a couple of times.

Many years ago, my DH forgot to renew his license. We had moved and the reminder didn't get forwarded to our new address. A Walmart checker noticed it when checking his ID when he wrote a check. He had to retake the written and the driving portions of the test. The written test wasn't a big deal. He went to take the driving portion and the officer told him to make a left turn. He did.....onto a one-way street (going the wrong way). She stopped him and she drove back to the office and told him that he had flunked the test and if he drove off the parking lot (without a valid license), he would have him arrested. He tried to call me at work to come and get him and I was out of my office. So...he had to call his boss and have him come down and rescue him. I had to take off work the next day to take him to another small town nearby to retake the driving portion of the test. Funny...he got the same officer and passed. The nearby town doesn't have any one-way streets. We still laugh about that. It was probably 25 years ago. haha

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    We get reminders too. I'm such an air-head about these things :D

Blog Entries
    mine's coming up on my Birthday. must remember that.

Blog Entries
    No reminders here and our state likes to keep you guessing - seems they change the format and length every couple years :roll: Which reminds me I better check to see when mine expires :thumbup: LOL

We get reminders, but that will probably change with the new budget cuts being made here! I renew mine online too- so easy!

Well I did it and it only took 15 minutes. Thought I would also treat myself to a trip to a new quilt store. Wrong the GPS too me to the right address just that they were an online store only! Oh well I did find a 14" hand quilting hoop on sale for $2 at another store so I am happy!

I didn't get a reminder, but when I realized it and went and renewed it...got into a small accident about an hour later. I was so glad I renewed it when I did. It was the other persons fault and they took off.

Blog Entries
    All of our driver's licences expire on our birthday and are good for five years so it seems we're always forking out too much money for a new picture. Why do they have to be so bad?????

I was commuting with a friend to school, 100 miles each way and she was driving. On day five, as we stopped at a traffic light almost home, a guy pulled up beside us and yelled that we'd better renew the car insurance (expiry dates are on the licence plates). All week with no insurance! She could barely finish the trip she was so nervous once she knew.

ho-ho-i was visiting my kid and his family, then in texas, went to check in to come back home when the agent said i wasn't going anywhere, my license was expired by two weeks! i almost fainted. but, but, i stammered, they checked me through when i left, almost in tears. ahhh, honey, the agent smiled, i was just funnin' you... you go on and get on, just be sure you get a new one when you get back. i did, but do you think i learned anything? i had to renew last year [five years had passed] and missed by two days. senior moments!

Blog Entries
    My husband has a cataract and went to the ophthamologist for an eye check and got a letter from the DMV that would pass him for his license. And he did, but wouldn't have if he had not gone to the dr. So now we wait for his new license and making arrangements for cataract surgery.

I had the same thing happen. I was sure I would fail the eye test and sure enough, got a letter to the DMV from the doctor okaying my driving (under 45 mph, no freeways and not after dark), birthday in September, first surgery in November, 2nd in December. (Now I can drive over 45, on freeways and in the dark). Have perfect vision. That was three years ago and guess what? Renewal time again in September, but at least I don't have to go through that again. Minnesota doesn't have online renewal. Edie

Blog Entries
    Mine was up in Sept one year and I realized it in April the following year.

Blog Entries
    I did that once...I realized it the day prior to us leaving for a trip to Europe. I had to spend about 6 hours in line to get another one since I couldn't travel without it. Talk about an ugly DMV picture...I was soooo mad by the time I got up there....geesh!

I need to go check mine right now, I might have done it again!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast