Old 01-15-2011, 07:19 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ktbb
mark the half way point and quarter way points on both the center quarter circle and the matching circle on the PP section, match and pin on the marks then when sewing, ease in the excess. Be sure to pin the ends of the curves as well. You'll get the hang of it after doing a couple. Remember that the seamlines have to come out even, there will be a slight ruffle in the seam allowance of the quarter circle but that will ease in when you press it after stitching.

Edited...to feel a little better, lightly mark in the seam line on both the pieces then lay one over the other matching the seam lines you marked and you;'ll see that they fit together....really!
This is exactly how I do it. I just googled some videos for it and got loads of hits. Here is a link to my google page for what I found. Didn't actually look at any of them but maybe this will help you.
http://www.google.com/#q=How+to+piec...e=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=lboxTdnkK4P88Ab7z4GYCQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CGYQqwQwCg&fp=19e6eaabb3be6fa2