View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 03:04 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by feffertim
When I was dragged to my first quilting class (protesting loudly, kicking and screaming) by a neighbor, I heard people talking about their stash ( what's that ?) saying they were addicted to fabric, and I thought how silly they were. Who ever heard of anyone being addicted to fabric of all things. Well. a year and a half later, numerous rulers, 3 cutting mats, several rotary cutters, numerous books, special iron, quilt wall, boxes of thread, several gadgets, new sewing machine and special feet, and even two boxes of scraps and a little fabric (ha) I am so addicted, and so broke I don't know whether to love or hate my neighbor. Talk about eating my words !!!!
Yep, my dear departed neighbor came back from winter in Fla with patterns for place mats and DRAGGED me to Joanns for fabric to make some for myself. She got me hooked. I couldn't believe I would get so deeply entrenched in this craft, hobby, or whatever you call it. I never thought I would quilt. I always said quilting was like watching paint dry. Sew a straight seam here, a straight seam there.... Well, I am hooked!!!! Big time :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: