Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ignorant quilter eating her words >

Ignorant quilter eating her words

Ignorant quilter eating her words

Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM

Hey, addicted too and not looking for a 12 step!!!! LOL
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 PM

a woman that works for me was blessed with a new granddaughter in july & wanted me to teach her to make a quilt for her.. so she did a simple one...then did a photo memory quilt for her mother in law for christmas...

now every time she comes home with fabric, her dh, whom i've never met says "i know, it's dawn's fault..."

nice to have something to talk about when the guys are all talking sports!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 PM

I grew up with a seamstress for a mother who made all our clothes and bought fabric because it was pretty not necessarily with a planned pattern. She was self taught because my GM didn't allow the daughters to cut the fabric because "they might mess it up and there was no $$ to buy more". I never knew till I was an adult that my GM quilted and that my mother knew how...she never made a quilt while I was growing up.
I learned about quilting from history classes in school and wanted to make a "pretty one" not one of just squares...my first attempt was the Hexagonal Wreath appliquéd quilt.... Never have finished that quilt...
Old 01-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by LivelyLady
Thank God they don't have quilters rehab.....I'd probably be committed :D
I thought this was what the Quilting Board was... ha ha
Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Too funny! Welcome to the club!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
Sorry I cant say much..Iam choking on my own words! Oh well it keeps us out of the bars...lol
My mother was bragging to me about her hairdresser who had become a quilter. She was so excited that when I went down for a visit, mom drug down to the beauty shop to meet her hairdresser and see some of her quilts - - and, they were BEAUTIFUL!
The history of the hairdresser was that she had been an alcoholic and quilting is what she used to replace the booze.
Happened that while mother (who is not a quilter - - just one of my biggest fans and has the gift of encouragement) and I were visiting with Miss June, her husband came in, and mother, hoping to brag on Miss June so that her husband would realize how wonderful his wife was ...
says: All this beautiful work, and just think of the $$ you save because she isn't in the bar any more ...
at this point, the beautician and I locked eyes, and I swear! Our eyes were flashing $$$$$$$$$ signs like nobody's business. There was an awkward silence, until I very gently told my mother - -
"Mom? Frankly, he had more money when the woman was falling down drunk - - at least he knew it was only a matter of time before she passed out. Now, she only sleeps when the quilt shop closes."
We had a good laugh and then I took mother to the quilt shop up the road and priced out a quilt for her - - LOL <wave> (And, THAT! was clear back in the middle nineties! :shock: