View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:37 PM
scarlett6

I probably have been using the wrong foot for this. I have been using the quarter inch foot to attach the binding. I did take all of this area apart and was shocked at the amount of lint that came out of there. The only thing I have not done is change the needle. Maybe I should try using the walking foot.

I am prettty sure the feed dog switch is on the front of the 6600. My other machine (a 4800)-I remember it being down and around in the back... What is strange is when I move the switch on the front one way or the other, I don't see the feed dogs go up or down. (Actually, if I turn the machine off, then back on after moving this switch), the presser foot moves... Feed dogs seem to be up a little higher as you face the machine, and then slope downhill as you look towards the back of the feed dogs...

This is what happens when you let months go by before getting your machine out again... :) I think I neeed to make sure what I am looking at is the feed dog switch...

The pressure is set at 3. I will go over all of this again and see what happens using the walking foot... :) :) :)

Thanks for the help, you all are great,
Cathie