Old 11-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Feathers

Some weeks back someone was looking for a teacher's gift and asked for help or suggestions on what to make. Someone else suggested a Breadbasket bag and someone else added she made breadbags for baskets but put a ricebag in the bottom to keep the rolls and bread warm. I looked everywhere for the thread with all this but I can't find it but I wanted to show that I took everyone's suggestion for the gift for the teacher and made the attached gift for my DS for a hostess gift. I made the whole thing in less than 1 hour. Joann's baskets are on sale for 50% off, I bought a pound of rice at the Dollar Store and had a yard of fabric that I got for another project ...still have enough of the fabric to make a couple potholders and Joila, a NICE gift for under $10.00!

For the Rice Bag: I made an inside bag for the rice and an outside "pillowcase-type" bag for the outside of the rice bag so the pillowcase can be removed for laundering. Heat the ricebag in the microwave for about 2 - 3 minutes.

BreadBasket, Rice Bag -put in microwave to heat then put in bottom of basket and put rolls in bag for serving
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28892[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28892.jpe   attachment-33848.jpe   attachment-34036.jpe