Old 01-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Butterfli19

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughtful responses. Those of you currently in AZ brought up some things I had forgotten. I was in my twenties last time I visited but am thinking of visiting in July again, just to see.

I've been at my current job for almost 6 years but have been in manufacturing administration / management for 30. This is the longest job I've had since 1992, after being laid off from AT&T. It really is a good job and pays well. The three prior to this one: one got sold, one went bankrupt, one lost business, so I am familiar with being out of work and don't like it at all.

Daughter is talking about going / moving to AZ this fall with my GS who will be 10 mos then. She has an old flame there so I am not sure if she's thinking with the smart part of her brain right now, but Oct is still a way off, so there is time to save her. ;) I told her to do what she feels she needs to do, but right now is not time for me to pack up and move. I also told her I may want to check out the Carolinas as they have a coastline and seasons, but not so extreme.

I love my old house as I feel a kinship to it, and we've lived here 13 years this year - the longest I've lived anywhere. We are aging together and my plan was to spruce her up a bit this year - paint the entire inside, new carpets, kitchen and living room set. It's a New Englander with an attached barn, has 19 windows, and it's perfect for the other three seasons.

Maybe I feel overwhelmed because I'm single, by choice actually, and have always lived with someone, either parents, husband (now ex) or kids. I really don't know who I am or what I can do and I'd like to find that out. If she does move and DS goes to VT college, I'll get to know me as me, and maybe my future residence will become clearer.

Since DD was an infant I've wanted to start a business sewing clothes and things for babies and toddlers and that would be my chance. Since GS has been born I have been able to sew some things for him and I feel that I want to pursue this. I'm a domestic at heart and somewhat of a loner, and between sewing, photography, and sitting on the porch with my coffee on a nice spring day, I feel like the richest and happiest person in the world.