View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
cathyvv

I play the radio! And I'm a fabulous grandmother - at least I think I am since the grandkids keep coming back to visit and are in no hurry to leave.

My Mom was good at anything she put her mind to. She re-did the bathroom - tiling and all, built benches, quilted, made clothing, crocheted, knitted. The words "I can't" were not in her vocabulary.

My Dad was mathematically gifted (at least from my point of view), loved electronics, fixed cars...

My DH is a jack of all trades. Loves old radios and 45 record players (remember them?), collects them and fixes them up. He wrote a collectors book on 45 record players, too. And he makes me laugh!

My youngest daughter is into writing, but hasn't published anything yet (except on the internet). She was an elite level soccer player (not olympics, but close), and has a memory that you wouldn't believe.

My older daughter is into photography and scrap booking. She spends tons of time on it. She is a 'foodie' and loves to cook. She and I are polar opposites when it comes to cooking...

My son is a sweet, but gruff nurse. He seems to have a way with the folks in the nursing home. I think it's because his voice is just naturally loud, so the hard of hearing patients can hear him!

My grandkids have a talent for making me laugh. Sometimes I think that is the most important talent of all!