View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Zappycat

My dad was a carpenter too. He was the most talented person I have ever met. When we were young, he built an addition onto our house to make a bedroom bigger for my sister and I all by himself. He built my older sister (way before I was born) an amazing playhouse in the backyard, It was a Christmas gift for her. He built it in pieces in the basement, and then assembled it outside before Christmas and she got the key for Christmas. It has working windows and adoor with a lock and inside it had a wooden stove and kitchen table and wooden TV with a know that you would turn to change the pictures on the screen! THEN... you could also change it into the control panel of a spaceship and the pictures would look like outer space shots! SO COOL!!

When I was in high school, he built a camper for the back of his pick up truck... again, in the basement... and then reassembled it outside! We went across country in it on vacation! He could also do plumbing and electrical work and he painted pictures. He was so incredibly creative!

My mom could sew, knit and crochet. My older sister sews and makes jewelry. My twin sister makes jewelry and used to do woodworking crafts. I sew and have also done woodworking crafts and photography. I married a guy with no creative talents and no interest in it.... and now my kids are also not interested. They are into sports. I tried to get my daughter interested in sewing, but she just didn't have the patience. My son appreciates the creative things and has a good eye. I like to bounce ideas off of him, but he has never created anything himself. Maybe he'll surprise me someday!
Absolutely NO musical talent here!! haha!