Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Aurora

Friday, seven of us went to our favorite fabric shop. Our Extension Agent called ahead to tell them we were coming and about what time we would arrive. Three members were picking out 24 fabrics for a Quick Quarter project this Friday. We pulled bolts from all over the shop, lined them up on two tables, and finally after 2 1/2 hours they had their choices. They only needed a 1/4 of a yard of each. Not only did they pleasantly cut 1/4 yard of each fabric, they numbered each one according to placement in the quilt. This shop has one cutter and one person to check out. No matter how many people are in the store, each one gets the same pleasant service.

They thanked us for calling ahead so they could go to lunch before we invaded the shop and an invasion it was. We offered to put the fabric back on the shelves, but they thanked us and said that they would do it. I had already selected and cut my fabric and only needed to pick up six or seven pieces for future use. I got mine quickly so I would not add to the confusion later. I just cannot bring myself to purchase only 1/4 yard because I know I will want more later, so I bought 2 yards of each (it was only $3 or $2.50 a yard).

Shopping for us is always such a pleasant experience.