Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by patski
I think it is a disease in FLorida. Quilt shops are NOT friendly here. That is why I mostly buy on line
That's really too bad. It doesn't really take "everyone" to be friendly to feel like it's friendly. One or two people is enough to feel like it's friendly. But when it's management who are chilly...

I've been to Quilts on Plum Lane in Dade City, FL and they were VERY helpful and friendly. I mean, very. I hadn't finished my first quilt (machine quilting) yet and they encouraged me to try it. They also counseled me about batting and helped me find a match of some fabric I was trying to find (something to bring together purple and green). Very friendly at the quilt shop in Dade City. I recommend it.

As far as "looking like money" I had hoped that people were over that by now. Doesn't pretty much everyone wear jeans and t-shirts these days? And didn't Sam Walton drive around in a battered pickup and jeans or bib overalls as well? People are really bad about that here in Poland, though. I hate being given the "once over" to decide if I'm worth being waited on.