View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
bucksie

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
The only perfect person died many years ago.

So relax, good enough is good enough. Do you think your little man will peer at the stitching and drool out that it isn't perfect?
No, he'll love it because Grandma made it for him.

Relax, some peoples, Indians and Amish and Mennonites (I think) deliberately put in one wrong thing so they won't be perfect in anything.

So sew and enjoy it. Show it off and let us see it too. Take pictures of the baby with the finished quilt, and let us see the darling enjoying his "blankie".
I replied to you but used the reply button only....you can scroll down to see it....You made me laugh!...how right you are..See, I have adhd and i put way to much pressure on myself to do things right....with one of my biggest issues is when reading about quilting and importance of EXACTNESS is what scared me because in my mind I couldn't understand how with all those hundereds of pieces how anyone could cut, sew and be so exact, and with that then there was NO WAY I of all people would...So my mess. was me being so excited that I actually could do things like cutting precise pieces and sewing exact seam, etc....I know we all make mistakes, I however take the cake on the category, so my doubt in my ability turned into "I CAN DO IT", my excitement purged out, probably in wrong way?

I uploaded a pic of grandson....and will do new one when quilt is done (maybe some along the way)??? I did make him a flannel backed with minky (the super stretchy lined stuff) at the size which could almost fit a single bed..and the lil guy drags it around everywhere!!! its funny!
Thank you ....I much appreciate honesty such as yours....