View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
butterflywing

let's see:

my grandmother was a garment maker and fantastic cook. my grandfather was a custom gentlemen's tailor. my other gm was a garment maker and also did wonderful cross stitch, crochet, embroidery, and bead work in the 20's. my father was a talented pen and ink, pencil and paper and colourwash artist and my mother a magnificent knitter and cross stitcher. she also played the piano. my son designs robotics and lighting and my daughter is a sculptress and woodworker as well as a talented artist and quilter. she also plays the banjo, dulcimer, guitar, harmonica and borohn (did i spell that right?) she also has a good singing voice. my dh is an architect, pen and ink artist as well as a model maker and woodworker. i am a garment maker, sewing teacher, quilter, oil painter, cross stitcher, embroiderer and all-round pain-in-the-a**.

i think that anyone given encouragement and the right tools will show interest and some degree of talent in something.

i left out that my other gf was a furrier. he made me pony-skin coats with matching muffs and hats during WW2. one was brown and white and the other was black and white. my other father.