View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 AM
pkary

Of 7 granddaughters I am the only one who took up quilting, many, many years ago. When Gram moved on the the great quilting frame in the sky I was given her finished and unfinished tops as well as her stash of scrap fabrics. That was about 20 years ago and I'm glad I did not do anything with them until recently. There were more than 25 finished tops and blocks to complete about 6 more. Now that I've retired and am looking over my in-progress projects, I've taken all of these out and now really know what to do with them. I'm finishing them off, one at a time, for each of my brothers and sisters as a momento of Gram and all she stood for in our lives. That will take care of 7 of them. Gram always knotted her quilts so that is the way I'll finish them. Then I'll start on the tops for the next generation, our kids. There are enough tops to give one to each of them and some left over for their children. This is three generations that will be covered by quilts made by some very dear to me. God bless her loving hands!