Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 PM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by 1barron
You could tell him it would really show how much he loved you by using it. Isn't that why you made it to begin with?
Well yes and no, originally he was terribly disappointed that I couldn't figure out how to make a Trek quilt with a giant Enterprise on it. I had only been quilting a year or less and was completely self-taught to boot. I spent days contacting quilt sites and their owners asking if they could help me figure out how to do this with the skills I had. Got nowhere so took to his old Trek t-shirts and winged it from there. He really did love it but was still a bit bummed it didn't have exactly what he wanted on it. He treasures it nonetheless and I really do get that. But it is so unique and one-of-a-kind I would just like him to display it somewhere.

Sitting here re-reading all this thread makes me think I am still making them because I came up short with what he truly wanted and lacked the skills to do..? Does this make sense?
He is also a very hard person to please sometimes and I reckon we just clash terribly on this. So I will accept that he may never use one I make him and just limit myself to not making him so many. This one is it, besides finishing the HP quilt. But we did decide to enter that one in a show round here in the future just to see what happens. That is truly uncharted territory for me, I as most of you, feel my work is not worthy of something like that. We are our own worst critics, I have found. LoL