View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:14 AM
clem55

Okay, Grandma here. That is one of the things my 8 year old Granddaughter asked for for XMas. The other was American Girl doll. Yes, I think the I touch isd way out of the "needs" of a child that age, but after discussing it woith my niece who has two grands that age, and a second niece who has two girls that age, and a SIL who has two great Grands that age, it seems that having an I touch is quite the rage right now. I bought the doll, her daddy bought the I touch. She is very careful with it, andf mostly gets to use it in the car or in the house,she doesn"t have it with her all the time. As to asking for your I Phone back, yes I would. You can say you didnt think about it being used for a matter other than games, since that is what he used it for while at your house. And say I'd like it back so that when he comes to see me, he can have it there to play with, and that you will take the responsibility for its use when he is there. My son bought his 4&7 year old( last year) each a pre-paid phone so that they could use it to call him from their room if they needed to talk( divorced , new step, different rules etc.) The phone was taken away the first time she called her daddy, jusdt to talk!! All conversations must be in the same room, so they can hear everything the kids say. That isn"t right!! So, whatever toys or gifts that come from this side of the family, stay at daddy's house, and believe it or not, that is the way the kids want it to be.