View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:23 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
Originally Posted by kwendt
THAT cabinet has a special release button
On most 301's fitted into a cabinet, there is a cradle clamp that grabs the bottom of the machine and fits onto the hinge pins of the cabinet. There are two little metal brackets inside the front lip of the cabinet that catch this cradle and hold it in place. To take the machine out, you just push a lever down and lift on the handle of the machine at the same time and you have a portable machine.

OBTW... will all the slant 'shank'? feet fit it? Like what was it.. the touch and sews feet?
The 301 will take most of the slant shank attachments made for the 401, 403, 404, 500, 503, and for the early 600 series Touch & Sew.

It will need an even feed foot that has been modified to fit the 301, but an ordinary $3 plastic hopping foot works just fine for free-motion quilting.

It will take the buttonholer for slant shank (usually found in the maroon case or the pink "Jetson's" case) and the rectangular feed dog cover.

I would buy it in a heartbeat, especially in that trapezoid cabinet! Have fun with it! :)
Gosh!!! I'm so anxious and excited, but I have to be patient and hope for the best. The person will not be back in town until the 31st.... They know I'm interested, but.... well... until it's in my car..... <smile>