Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Robin H

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
What an awful experience! I hope that you continue to progress & regain your strength & mobility. Hopefully the orthopedic doc will be more encourageing than the previous doc, expecially after seeing what you have accomplished on your own.

Was wondering if a knee lever control might be easier for you for now? Is this something you could convert your sawing machine & cabinet/table to for the time being? Maybe with the help of some folks here? Just a thought that came to mind as you described using your foot pedal, & especially since I am sure that being able to sew is very theraputic to you.
I appreciate your suggestion but it would not work for me. My Bernina has the needle leg-lift lever which I love and I can't use that because my right knee is in such bad shape. I have to lift the pressure foot manually with my right hand instead. Considering that, I wouldn't be able to use any type of knee control. My entire right leg is the worst. I have to use the foot pedal with my left foot. It is so kind of you to try to come up with a solution.