View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Mattee

I've been noticing a lot lately that there is a lot of negativity here. What I mean is this: When someone posts because they feel they may have been wronged by a quilt shop, the first reaction of most people is, Demand they fix it! Don't stand for it! Contact the BBB!, etc. Whatever happened to, Call and politely explain the issue and give them a chance to make it right? After all, honest mistakes happen all of the time. Also, when people share their stories of disappointment regarding how someone has received a gift, people post about rudeness and a lack of gratefulness and manners. There are also often a lot of posts about how kids, grand-kids, parents, in-laws, or what-have-you are "like that." It's not often that people give others the benefit of the doubt.

I know that there are times when we must fight to get what we've paid for, and I know that sometimes relatives and friends disappoint us, but there seems to be, in my opinion, an unneccesarily angry vibe around here sometimes. I'm sure I'm not innocent of it, but why can't we all just lighten up and enjoy our shared hobby a bit more? It seems to bring more grief than joy to many that post here. I've struggled a lot with whether or not to continue reading this board lately. I've taken breaks for days at a time to ponder the question. I still haven't decided, but I suppose I did decide to throw this out there and get it off my chest. I'm not sure how others feel about it, but I know I'm dreading the responses. ;)

For those of you who keep it light and fun, and who see the joy and pleasure where others choose to be disappointed and fight, thank you!