View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:42 PM
dakotamaid

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i, too, am dreading the responses. :lol:

first, let me assure you that your sentiments are shared by far more members than you might think.

now ... on the other hand ... and please do not interpret this as an argument against your point because it is not.

it is possible that we paint with too wide a brush when we throw around words like "most." it does often prove to be true that the majority of people who add comments to the topics you've described tend to add their own negative thoughts and suggestions; what they think are corroborating horror stories, etc. anger feeds anger and things spiral out of control very quickly.

but ... here's the question:

does that necessarily mean that most of our members altogether think that way, and react that way?

i think not. i think the reason such topics remain under the control of the Negative Nellies and Hysterical Hannahs is that the Sensible Sues and the Positive Pams move right on past them without stopping to comment. they avoid getting sucked into all the drama. so it looks like anger, fear, offense, etc are the dominant perspective when they really are not.

so, while i personally agree with what you've said, i must respectfully disagree with the conclusion to which your observations have led you.

the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

the quiet, well balanced, properly inflated wheel keeps us rollin' along on a smooth and mostly happy road.

Well said, Patrice. :D