View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 PM
IrishNY

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
I read the title expecting to agree with you, because negativity bothers me, and I agree that there is a lot of it around.

But I have to say that I am much more bothered by general negativity ("children have no manners anymore" "this country is not like it used to be", "you have to have a gun" etc) rather than the "OMG I am so PI%%ED about this one thing that happened me today!" posts, which I see mostly just as outbursts, rather than chronic negativity.
I agree with noveltyjunkie - it is more disturbing to me when people take one situation and make a sweeping generalization, like "if you're not a quilter, you don't appreciate the work that goes into the things we make". I think that is real negativity and it's damaging.

But I understand the need to vent about a frustrating situation and am OK when someone does here. Lots of posters write that they love this board because people listen to them here. So if they need to vent and be heard, I think it's fine to do it here. I don't need to read it if I don't want to.