View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Ramona Byrd

[quote=SherryLea]I think instead of negativity it is just having someone to get things off your chest and speak how you think with out having to cause problems in family and friends that will last for ever.
--------------------------------------------------------
Reminds me when DH was with me and listened to some of my gripes about my ankle hurt and my migraines were getting bad, etc. So I guess he got worried/irritated/annoyed/worried and told me to go to the doctor if I was that bad. But all I wanted to do was vent, so I went to my woman's club and in my 10 or so woman chapter we would gripe, complain, brag on kids/grands, the weather and what we could or could not do. Then when we left the meeting we all agreed we felt refreshed and ready for another couple of weeks with family and no griping allowed.

That is like this forum. I feel that I can gripe about one thing or another, brag on some of the stores I've been in, and most of the readers here will either laugh with me, be sad with and for me, but they/you are here for me.

I recently found an unknown diary that my late mother had written about her life as a very poor woman newly married in the great depression. Her day to day life in an isolated, badly
run down log cabin was heart breaking.

I sometimes think that some of the others here are having a bad time, but when I read that straightforward account of her life then, I know that we are in a far better time now. And I intend to try to enjoy the rest of my life. I hope it will contain lots if not all of you whom I've grown to think of as family.