Thread: GRRR!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Ps 150

OK, a bit of the back story: DH brought home a head cold/flu combo about 6 weeks ago and had it for about 2 weeks before my youngest DD had it for a week and then my oldest DD for the week after that. We had a few days of healthy living before the sniffles and fever began for me but I was sooo close to finishing my Sampler Quilt that I kept going.

My girls were still getting over it so I was keeping an ear to the sewing door, listening to coughs as they slept (my youngest DD has asthma) or that painful cry, "Mommy!" I was battling it myself and must have turned my quilt just enough that one row of FMQ on a sashing row is upside down! And I didn't even realize it until I had already finished all the other quilting. :| It has scalloped borders so I applied the binding last night and today I'm going to spend a few hours ripping out that row of stitching. I used a Sulky decorative thread that gets pretty fuzzy when ripped and it's a curled design that I had to stitch over previous stiches so I'm basically ripping doubled stitches.

The worst part is, I knew I should've just waited. I felt fuzzy-headed from being sick but I thought I could handle it and what better time than when the kiddos were sick and sleeping a lot more?? I've been randomly screaming into my couch pillows as I lie here ripping seams. To top it all off, I spent a painful afternoon in the doctor's office just to have him tell me that I pinched my sciatic nerve. :cry: I just really needed to vent and I know that doing it on here will scare my pup so much less.