Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: GRRR!

OK, a bit of the back story: DH brought home a head cold/flu combo about 6 weeks ago and had it for about 2 weeks before my youngest DD had it for a week and then my oldest DD for the week after that. We had a few days of healthy living before the sniffles and fever began for me but I was sooo close to finishing my Sampler Quilt that I kept going.

My girls were still getting over it so I was keeping an ear to the sewing door, listening to coughs as they slept (my youngest DD has asthma) or that painful cry, "Mommy!" I was battling it myself and must have turned my quilt just enough that one row of FMQ on a sashing row is upside down! And I didn't even realize it until I had already finished all the other quilting. :| It has scalloped borders so I applied the binding last night and today I'm going to spend a few hours ripping out that row of stitching. I used a Sulky decorative thread that gets pretty fuzzy when ripped and it's a curled design that I had to stitch over previous stiches so I'm basically ripping doubled stitches.

The worst part is, I knew I should've just waited. I felt fuzzy-headed from being sick but I thought I could handle it and what better time than when the kiddos were sick and sleeping a lot more?? I've been randomly screaming into my couch pillows as I lie here ripping seams. To top it all off, I spent a painful afternoon in the doctor's office just to have him tell me that I pinched my sciatic nerve. :cry: I just really needed to vent and I know that doing it on here will scare my pup so much less.

Blog Entries
    I sympathize with you. You are such a good mom. You put your babies before the cloth. I would rather rip seams, then to neglect the loved ones. I am sure your quilt is going to be beautiful and what a story it will have :)

Blog Entries
    Bless your heart. Life does this to all of us at some point.

Blog Entries
    We just never know when to stop :)
    Sorry about your "rip out"

So sorry! See, you're the mom and moms just keep going like the energizer bunny. It's what we do! Hope you can just have a little R&R and get better quick. The sampler quilt will wait for you.

Big hugs - squeezing the frustration from your bones. Sounds like its time to take a nice long hot shower/bath,and some tea. Once the kids have gone to sleep, as hot of whiskey :) To kill the boogers :)

aarrgggghhh, I so understand how you feel. Hope the 'venting' helped.
    big ((((((hug))))

(((((((((hugs))))))) hope you all are feeling a lot better now.

:cry: I've moved past the "GRRR" attitude into the tears. I'm couch bound thanks to the pinched nerve and when I do walk, it's with a cane since my leg has given out three times now, but lying on the couch, while correcting schoolwork (we homeschool), I'm also getting some of that seam ripping done. The muscle relaxers and pain killers are starting to wear me down though so I'm more languid than anything else. Thanks so much for the comfort.

I am all out of whiskey (it went into a fabulous whiskey steak recipe last month) but I do have a nice white wine that is chilling for after bedtime and after the meds have had time to move through my system.

Blog Entries
    Hope you feel better soon! It is so frustrating when you have a problem that has to be taken out. But at least you can sit and get some relief for a short while.

Blog Entries
    All together, we have very broad shoulders, so if any one of our members needs a shoulder to cry on, you can always find one here. We've probably all been near to being there at one time or another. Hugs to you!!

Hugs! I hope you feel better soon!

Okay -- try to stop the cycle. Give each person a paper bag and tell them their used tissues have to be put in that bag. Buy paper plates, glasses and plastic dinnerware and have them toss them in that bag, too. Have them carry the bag out to the garbage. Put a glass of bleach or hydrogen peroxide next to the toothbrushes and have them dip their brush in it BEFORE they brush their teeth. Teach them all to cough or sneeze into their arm pit....LOL sounds funny...but prevents germs on the hands. Those germy hands open doors, turn on lights.....
    Good luck!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Okay -- try to stop the cycle. Give each person a paper bag and tell them their used tissues have to be put in that bag. Buy paper plates, glasses and plastic dinnerware and have them toss them in that bag, too. Have them carry the bag out to the garbage. Put a glass of bleach or hydrogen peroxide next to the toothbrushes and have them dip their brush in it BEFORE they brush their teeth. Teach them all to cough or sneeze into their arm pit....LOL sounds funny...but prevents germs on the hands. Those germy hands open doors, turn on lights.....
    Good luck!!!!!!
    Love this! I have been coating the house in Lysol for the past two weeks and replaced the tooth brushes and added a splash of bleach to the dish water but I had already contracted it. We tell the girls to cough or sneeze into the crook of their arms to make it safer and then to change their clothes. I'm on the mend from the flu, though. It's just the sciatic nerve that's hurting.

Well, I'm feeling much better. After hours of couch time, I finally got the row ripped out so I can re-stitch it in the morning.

My sciatic nerve hasn't acted up in over a year and in that time, I've switched doctors so my new doctor (who wasn't even in today) doesn't have any notes on treating me so my hubby's doctor, who I did end up seeing, prescribed me oxycodone (where I normally take hydrocodone). I didn't realize there was such a difference but I've been loopy for the last hour. To the point where DH told me to step away from the seam ripper. :lol: He was terrified I was going to rip the wrong seam and be frantic in the morning for it or that I would poke holes in the quilt. Feeling a little more like myself now but definitely ready for bed.

Jim
    Whats a bit of venting among thousands of friends...a remedy for what ails ya..hope you are feeling much better