Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
GRRR! >

GRRR!

GRRR!

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM

OK, a bit of the back story: DH brought home a head cold/flu combo about 6 weeks ago and had it for about 2 weeks before my youngest DD had it for a week and then my oldest DD for the week after that. We had a few days of healthy living before the sniffles and fever began for me but I was sooo close to finishing my Sampler Quilt that I kept going.

My girls were still getting over it so I was keeping an ear to the sewing door, listening to coughs as they slept (my youngest DD has asthma) or that painful cry, "Mommy!" I was battling it myself and must have turned my quilt just enough that one row of FMQ on a sashing row is upside down! And I didn't even realize it until I had already finished all the other quilting. :| It has scalloped borders so I applied the binding last night and today I'm going to spend a few hours ripping out that row of stitching. I used a Sulky decorative thread that gets pretty fuzzy when ripped and it's a curled design that I had to stitch over previous stiches so I'm basically ripping doubled stitches.

The worst part is, I knew I should've just waited. I felt fuzzy-headed from being sick but I thought I could handle it and what better time than when the kiddos were sick and sleeping a lot more?? I've been randomly screaming into my couch pillows as I lie here ripping seams. To top it all off, I spent a painful afternoon in the doctor's office just to have him tell me that I pinched my sciatic nerve. :cry: I just really needed to vent and I know that doing it on here will scare my pup so much less.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 PM

I sympathize with you. You are such a good mom. You put your babies before the cloth. I would rather rip seams, then to neglect the loved ones. I am sure your quilt is going to be beautiful and what a story it will have :)
Old 01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Bless your heart. Life does this to all of us at some point.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:58 PM

We just never know when to stop :)
Sorry about your "rip out"
Old 01-28-2011, 01:00 PM

So sorry! See, you're the mom and moms just keep going like the energizer bunny. It's what we do! Hope you can just have a little R&R and get better quick. The sampler quilt will wait for you.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:17 PM

Big hugs - squeezing the frustration from your bones. Sounds like its time to take a nice long hot shower/bath,and some tea. Once the kids have gone to sleep, as hot of whiskey :) To kill the boogers :)
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 PM

aarrgggghhh, I so understand how you feel. Hope the 'venting' helped.
big ((((((hug))))
Old 01-28-2011, 03:02 PM

(((((((((hugs))))))) hope you all are feeling a lot better now.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:15 PM

:cry: I've moved past the "GRRR" attitude into the tears. I'm couch bound thanks to the pinched nerve and when I do walk, it's with a cane since my leg has given out three times now, but lying on the couch, while correcting schoolwork (we homeschool), I'm also getting some of that seam ripping done. The muscle relaxers and pain killers are starting to wear me down though so I'm more languid than anything else. Thanks so much for the comfort.

I am all out of whiskey (it went into a fabulous whiskey steak recipe last month) but I do have a nice white wine that is chilling for after bedtime and after the meds have had time to move through my system.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Hope you feel better soon! It is so frustrating when you have a problem that has to be taken out. But at least you can sit and get some relief for a short while.