View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Feathers

I have to agree with everything all of you have commented about the FW. I bought my first one last spring for $125 . It rolled off the Singer assembly line Jan. 17, 1955. Yesterday I was cleaning out our storage space in the basement storage area under the stairway. In the far corner on the floor beneath one of the steps I found this small black case....this looks like the case my FW came in! Lug, lug, lug all the stuff away so I could get the case out! Low and behold, it's a FW! My husband's deceased wife got the machine for her HS graduation in 1956. She passed in 1984. He thought the machine went home with one of the kids when the house was cleaned out after she passed but guess none of the kids wanted it so it got pushed to the back of the storage area. I'm just thrilled to have found it after all these years. It was dirty and needed oiling and cleaning up but it's in brand new, perfect shape. I'm thrilled to have "found" it in our basement storage area. That's a "cave" my husband has always used to put things away in and I'd never tackled that area but I'm sure glad I did yesterday. A look at the Internet tells me this FW rolled off the assembly line June 10, 1955.